It can be cured by a few self-help measures-establishing a regular routine for using the toilet, acting on any urge to move the bowels, increasing the amount of fiber in diet and drinking more fluids. If constipation continues despite these measures medical advice should be obtained from the Doctor. The Doctor should also be consulted if the constipation occurs after years of normal bowel habits or if is accompanied by blood in the faeces, pain on moving the bowel, loss of since of well being or excessive weight-loss.
Judgment of stoppage is to a great extent done on the premise of the side effects given by the patients. The primary criteria for diagnosing stoppage are that any 2 of the accompanying must be available for a time of 12 weeks or more (whether persistent or not) in the most recent 12 months :
- Less than three solid discharges for every week.
- Stool that is hard and hard to pass.
- Straining hard at stools.
- Sensation of inadequate departure.
- Sensation of blockage in the rear-end or rectum.
- Barium douche X-beam: X beams are taken after the internal covering of the entrail gets covered with a differentiation color.
- Sigmoidoscopy: In this test, the lower some piece of the internal organ (called sigmoid colon) is analyzed by passing a slight, adaptable tube through the butt. The tube has a modest cam toward one side and this is utilized to imagine within the colon.
- Colonoscopy: In this test, the whole internal organ (colon) is analyzed by passing a slim, adaptable tube through the rear-end. The tube has a minor cam toward one side and this is utilized to envision within the colon.
- Serum electrolytes: To check for electrolyte awkwardness.
- Thyroid profile: To check for Hypothyroidism.
Some different tests that may be carried out (however not regularly) include :/p>
- Defecography: A test done to assess how well the rectal muscles contract and kill the stool.
- Anorectal manometry: This test decides the effectiveness of the co-appointment of muscles used to poop.
- Colorectal travel concentrate on: This test analyzes how nourishment passes through the colon and searches for indications of int